Cutoff time for all jobs is 9:30pm EST.
Flyerstudios closes at 10pm EST but in order for your job to ship the following day, you must select the (24hr guarantee print turnaround) option and submit your jobs before 9:30pm EST.
Jobs submitted after 9:30pm EST and before 10pm EST "might" make the next day run but is not guaranteed.
Jobs submitted after 10pm EST most likely will not make the run at all, but in rare cases when we need files to fill up a run we will use late files as fillers.
Cutoff time for all jobs is 9:30pm EST.
- This is one of the most commonly asked questions in the printing industry. The answer is very simple. There are millions of different types of monitors and monitor settings. Some are very bright, some are dark, some are average quality, some are great quality, etc. Also monitors use RGB, Red, Green, Blue, to show colors. Taking this into consideration, the most important thing now is the fact that a monitor has the ability to create a more vivid and intense color than actually possible. The reflection of the light going into your eye from the monitor, will give you a different color and brightness than the light reflecting the paper then going into you eyes. The monitor creates a light, while as the paper relies on the reflection of the ambient light, which is also different from place to place, to reflect an image into your eyes causing a different appearance.
- This is a common question. The answer is very simple. Most of the time when a PDF is created, many things can go wrong BUT they cannot be seen until it has been printed. At that point, customers will say,(WHY WEREN'T WE TOLD IT WAS GOING TO COME OUT THIS WAY? or MY CUSTOMER SAW SOMETHING DIFFERENT ON SCREEN.) As you all know PDF files are basically uneditable or at least there is no need to do so to print them. The problem occurs when images are left in RGB which may at times print in black and white, fonts not embedded or outlined, which may substitute. Those are common problem that may be seen with a JPG/JPEG which can be corrected prior to printing versus the PDF. We rather receive the FLAT JPG/JPEG file and avoid to these types of problems from ever happening.
- No. We do not match any proofs on press. We print directly from your digital file.
- When designing with a border, the more space you leave around the card, the better the card will look. If you leave very little room, any minor factor will cause the card to be slightly uneven either to bottom or left to right. This is completely normal in the printing industry. There are many reasons why this occurs. Whenever you buy paper it comes cut to a size many times by a guillotine. If it is guillotine cut, there is a very good chance that the paper will be slightly smaller or uneven in some parts. After this, the paper is fed into printing machine. There is some tolerance also in the press. The next step is UV coating (if applicable). After, it gets either slit or again guillotine cut to get to the final size. Any minor movements thru out these processes may make a difference even as large as 1/16th of an inch or more in any type of printed piece. Ultimately, it is not recommended to design with borders, but if its necessary, we will make a great effort to try to keep the job as good as possible but always remember there is some inevitable tolerance that must be taken into consideration.
- Flyer Studios ONLY prints in CMYK. No Pantone, PMS, or RGB colors.
- When this happens what you should do is either give us a call or just select a size that will fit into that particular size. For example, if you want a 5x8 choose 6x8 or if you want a 4x5 choose a 4x6 or 1/4 (4.25x5.5) page and then let us know so we can cut to size.
- UV coating is a liquid like a varnish with a lamination-like appearance used to instantly dry and shine printed paper. The liquid is applied with a coating tower on to the paper. After it passes through extremely intense Ultra Violet lights that instantly dry the ink on the paper. With the UV liquid Flyer Studios uses, you well get extremely high gloss and shine as a standard for business cards and postcards. UV has many advantages. When UV coating is applied, the printed material will never fade off in someone's wallet or hand or even the sun. (If you are going to use your postcards as a mailer and you are going to send them to get printed on, please ask us to NOT UV coat your postcards cause the ink will smear when the machine tries to print on your postcards).
- NO, you may choose to print on our NON UV cover stock if you prefer at the same price.
- You may use a sharpie pen to write on it but it is not 100% affective. If you need to write or print on your postcards please let us know at the time of your order and we will use our NON UV paper. (NONUV takes a little longer to print)
- Please make an account on flyerstudios.com so that you may have access to our online shopping cart. Start adding all the products you wish to purchase and upload your files right on the item page. Then proceed to checkout and make sure your billing address is correct, let us know where to ship your package and what method of shipping you need, make a payment and you will be re-directed to a sucess checkout page.
- Due to our fast turnarounds Flyerstudios.com will make a great effort to TRY and cancel an order or replace files for you, but please keep in mind that once your job is plated we will not be able to stop or replace files. You usually have about 20min after you place your order to cancel. It is impossible to try and cancel or even change something the next day of the order. Please make sure all your files are ready and finalized before you place your orders.
- Flyer Studios can provide anywhere from 3 working day turnaround to even 2day service. Our standard turnaround times are 24hrs to 48hrs for local customers. 5000 UV Coated jobs are printed in 24hrs to 48hrs time, NONUV do take 3-5 days as well as UV1 sided and 100lb text gloss book paper jobs so if you need something fast please select UV coating.
- We use UPS ground, Fedex Ground, Fedex Next Day Air, Delta Air Cargo and Southwest Cargo for shipping. We do not have accounts with any of the other freight companies.
- Please design your banner at actual size, Example: if you need a 3'x8' (foot) size banner, make it 36"x96" (inches) at 150dpi or 200dpi resolution. RGB color is ok for banners.
- A gang run is basically a Large sheet with multiple orders of multiple clients being placed on it to divide cost of production among many clients and to be able to offer very competitive pricing to our customers. The only down side is colors may vary from one time ordered to another because we cannot focus on any particular piece of art but instead we must focus on the entire sheet. Colors generally don't vary more than about 5%. Flyer Studios does use this method of printing to offer competitive pricing. For example, on a 11" x 17" sheet we can produce up to 8 1/4 page flyers. On a run like this, up to 8 different clients will divide the cost making the price of 5000 1/4 page flyers 4/4 be about $175.00 The entire run cost $1400.00
- As industry standard, you will receive within 5% more or less due to errors and make ready files. As far as the final size, due to INEVITABLE tolerences in paper mills, on printing presses, and on cutters, the final size of your may vary slightly. For example, if you submit a 4 x 6 the final size can really be as small as 3 7/8 x 5 7/8 (3.875 x 5.875). This is a printing standard and completely ACCEPTABLE.
- We are equipped with one of the most modern pre-press departments available today, complete with a Manroland 23x29, which creates impressions on press plates, And KBA Press 23X29 As Well. We're also equipped with A Eight Color Heidelberg Speedmaster printing press that can produce ten thousand impressions per hour, on 28x40 inch sheets. This allows us to handle large scale production with virtually no compromise in quality. We Are Also Equipped With An Offline UV Coater 23x29.
- NO, we DO NOT Guarantee colors! In GangRun OffSet Color Printing, You Can Not Guarantee Colors but we do get very close to it's original. Colors On GangRun Printing Is All A Gamble, (This is why they are so affordable and fast).
- NO, Colors Printed On An Old Print Run Will NEVER Look 100% The Same. If you print the same file on another day, the colors will come out very similar but not 100% the same.
Files with low resolution may either be printed as they are or put on hold until we receive new files. In either case, it could delay your turnaround time. We only accept 300 dpi files and no less. For large format jobs that are beyond the size of design software, you can design at scale and send to us with a note on scale proportion.
An 1/8 (.125) of an inch is the minimum required, but we always recommend you to use a 1/4 inch (.25) for better results.
Here is an example of the correct way to submit your files:
Please also keep this in mind:
Due to GangRun printing, any flyer or postcard you get from flyerstudios.com needs to be cut out of a RUN large sheet.
This means that a 4 x 6 Postcard will have to be trimmed down a bit when cut. The end result will be a postcard which is about
3.875 x 5.875 inches. This will apply to all of our sizes except Business Cards cards which actually cut to size at 3.5x2 inches.
While we generally discourage the use of borders in designs, if you insist on including them, it's important to be aware of a potential issue. If the border is positioned close to the cutline, there is a chance that it might appear slightly off-center when trimmed. To mitigate this risk, we suggest making your borders at least 1/4" thick. This extra width will provide us with ample room for cutting, ensuring a more accurate alignment with the intended design.
- Flyer Studios does not offer credit to any customer. All orders must be payed in full before going to print, no exceptions. We take all major credit cards and also paypal.